Poker is one of the top gambling games with the lowest house edge and Texas hold’em is the most popular game in poker. This is the easiest game to learn especially for beginners while it can be mastered in lifetime, it is fun and a fast game where in the thrill in the game comes in. Let us know How to Play Poker for Beginners – Fundamentals You Need to Know.
How to Play Poker for Beginners – Fundamentals You Need to Know
Hold’em poker is played between 2- 10 players within one table. The dealer gives each player with 2 cards, from his left and clockwise which also means the first one who got his first card will be the first one who will act:
- Bet – If no bet has been made during the round, the player may choose to give his bet or refuse where check comes in.
- Check – To check is not betting at all, this can be done when there is still no bet in the current round and if the player refuses to open the betting.
If any player decides to bet the next player will choose to:
- Call – This act is when the player match the highest bet that has been made.
- Fold – It is when a player forfeit their cards which will not give them any chance to win in the current round.
- Raise – A player is betting for a higher bet than the current highest bet during a round.
Know the Your Hand Rankings
How to Play Poker for Beginners – Fundamentals You Need to Know, below is the list of hand rankings from highest to lowest:
- Royal flush – All the five cards are in the same suit with a straight from a ten to ace.
- Straight Flush – Any straight five cards that are of the same suit.
- Four of a Kind – These are any four cards of the same rank however if there is a situation where two player have the same four of a kind cards the higher fifth card wins.
- Full house – These are three cards within the same rank together with the two cards of the same rank.
- Flush – Any five cards that have the same suit. The highest will card decides the rank of the flush.
- Straight – Any consecutive five cards not within the same suits, which an ace can be either high or low card.
- Three of a Kind – The three cards of the same rank
- Two pair – Two cards within the same rank and the other two cards on the same another rank wherein the highest pair of the two decides the rank of the two pair.
- One Pair – Two cards in the same rank.
- High Card – Any hand that are not in the above mentioned hands. Example an ace beat a hand with the king.
How to Play Poker for Beginners – Fundamentals You Need to Know above mentions were the basic things you need to know as a beginner in poker. Having the fundamentals will help you in your future games because poker is a game of skill a player should play a lot of poker games to gain ideas and techniques in each game and in every opponent you’ll be encountering.